What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6-7 weeks progress

Spadge

Registered
So 6/7 weeks since I suffered a stroke.

Starting to see some progress since I was left paralysed down my dominant right side (both limbs) and numbness affected my speech.

I’d ordered an iron maiden and bought another walking dead pre stroke, plus got Woz at home. I’ve since let the IMDN go since it was NIB and I wasn’t sure if I would recover - that drove me nuts!

I spent 4-5 weeks in hospital and am now recovering at home, originally wheelchair bound, I only now need it for lengthy journeys, using a walking stick or nothing at all about the house - which is good progress, albeit I’m very slow.

But today I was able to walk unaided to my woz and use my bad arm to launch the ball, whilst I can’t flip it yet and am walking skin to the walking dead, I’m on the way back :)

Attachments

• 547F62EA-37B4-459E-B3AF-72D4C3F128DE.MOV
    10.5 MB · Views: 58
Good to hear mate.
Remember and try don't get frustrated. It takes time and that is great progress.
Good to have a goal to aim for too but I would think the doctors would laugh if it was to plunge a ball at full tilt ?

Good to hear you are on the road to recovery. Take each day and small improvement as they come.

Take it easy Spadge, as said above going slow and not expecting too much too soon is critical.

Had a ex-colleague suffer a stroke and it was a life changing event for him, he was frustrated with himself that he couldn't just get back to doing everything that he did before.

Your pins will be there waiting for you when you're ready to get back onto them again.

I like to think that pinball is helping with your recovery. I think pinball machines should be in every hospital to help recovery. That would be great.

Great progress, glad it’s all going in the right direction, soon have you modding like crazy again

Lots of baby steps and hopefully improvement bit by bit.

Hi Martyn
Very pleased to hear of your progress but not surprised . You don’t do things by halves
Keep it up fella
Cheers
Andy

Glad to hear youre making progress, stay determined and dont get disheartened that you cant do it yet - youll get there mate!

Back
Top Bottom