What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold 4K Virtual Pinball Machine £1,600 ono or trade

Andy B

Site Supporter
11/4/2024 - price drop - now £1,600.

Just finished a 4K VP project - see my build thread in the Virtual Pinball section.

Now challenge is complete so on to something else so this is up for sale at £1,800 or nearest or a trade for a similar value machine or something more expensive with cash coming your way. Particularly interested in an RFM.

Bought as a Sega Bay Watch themed HD VP with some 12v mini solenoids in as feedback devices.

Converted to 4K and replaced all the mini solenoids with more robust, more realistic car starter motor solenoids. It now has 8 solenoids in and two contactors for the flippers so gives you some real good feedback.

Got Pinup Popper as front end. I have only installed the VPX (latest version) emulator in it but you can add others to the front end should you wish.

Has 150 tables installed and plenty more room on the hard drive if you want to upload some more.

PC (full spec as per photo):
AMD Ryzen 5 4500 6 - Core Processor , 3600MHZ​
32GB RAM​
Windows 11 Pro​
222 GB SSD​

Graphics card:

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 306012GB GDDR6​

Main playfield screen is a Panasonic Tx-40dx600b - 40 inch
Backbox Screen is Samsung S27E330H 27" LED Monitor
DMD screen is a 17" LCD so you could set it up and use it as a "Full DMD" but I used the existing speak grille off the Bay Watch cab so currently has the top half of the screen hidden behind the backglass bevel with the DMD set up to show in the bottom half of screen
KL25Z board with Pinscape software installed so you get a real nudge feature (nudge the table and the ball moves on screen). All buttons/switches connected to PC via the KL25Z
Pac drive and 2 x relay boards for feedback devices
8 x 12v car starter motor solenoids
2 x 24v contactors
LED lit apron with custom artwork (you can switch colours - has remote)
Illuminated Credit, Select, Exit, Start and Launch buttons
Start and launch buttons are DOF controlled meaning they only come on when they're supposed to come on (e.g. when you coin up a game (press credit button) the start button does not light up until you have pushed the credit button the correct number of times)
Working coin door buttons (Menu/Exit/Volume Up/Volume Down) installed inside cabinet (screwed to base of cab not attched to door)
Real plunger that works like a real plunger so you can control amount of strength of ball launch
Illuminated coin door
Brand new Virtual Pinball artwork from Retro Refurbs
Amp fitted internally - you can adjust volume using magna save buttons on side of cab
PC switches on from outside of cabinet
Boots straight to Pinup Popper (with Rolling Stones singing "Sympathy For The Devil" as you browse (can be changed obviously but sounds well cool in my opinion "Woo, Woo...")
Flipper buttons scroll left and right per game
Magna save buttons flip forward and backwards a letter of the alphabet at a time (comes in handy when you're scrolling through 150 tables!)
Will come with wireless keyboard, mouse and wifi antenna - though you only really need these when updating software, adding tables etc, as pretty much everything els can be controlled using the buttons on the cab

I am really impressed with the force feedback created by the car solenoids - almost like the real thing.

Bad points are cosmetics:

I rushed the application of the decals and did not sand down the cabinet. As a result there's lots of bubbles in the decals. Not air bubbles but bubbles form dust underneath. The machine looks really good from a distance but bubbles in artwork are really noticeable close up and in daylight. There's also a scratch to the artwork down left of cab and another small one down right (see photos)​
Needs new piece of perspex for backglass - current one is scratched and is a little on the small side (gaps down the side)​
Needs new playfield glass - current one is scratched - you can't tell when you're playing it but it's a bit ugly when machine is switched off and in daylight​
Inside of cab that is visible could do with a coat of black paint as looks a bit faded and scratched​
The speaker grille looks a bit naff and, like I say, I have used the original grille so only half of the DMD screen is currently being used. Backglass bezel could easily be configured to show full DMD (like on modern Stern machines)​
I've shot a video to show the machine booting up, me scrolling through the games and selecting a couple and playing them (badly). Video starts from moment I swicthed machine on at wall - from then until machine boots in to front end is about a minute so you can skip the first minute if you like, just wanted to show the thing from the off state to starting to play a game. Also shot video with apron light switched off. Oh and the launch game sound bite can be changed should you be offended by the profanity 😊

VP Video.MOV

As I said, looking for around £1,800 for it but would also be interested in a trade with cash coming your way. Particularly interested in an RFM if anyone has one.

Any more photos, descriptions, videos wanted just PM me.

Collection from Hull or Martin knows where I live (though I would recommend the table is transported in horizontal position due to big 4K TV screen inside).

Attachments

• IMG_2381.jpeg
    IMG_2381.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2383.jpeg
    IMG_2383.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_2387.jpeg
    IMG_2387.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2388.jpeg
    IMG_2388.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2384.jpeg
    IMG_2384.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2389.jpeg
    IMG_2389.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2394.jpeg
    IMG_2394.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2402.jpeg
    IMG_2402.jpeg
    220.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2395.jpeg
    IMG_2395.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2396.jpeg
    IMG_2396.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2397.jpeg
    IMG_2397.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2403.jpeg
    IMG_2403.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2400.jpeg
    IMG_2400.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2405.jpeg
    IMG_2405.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2406.jpeg
    IMG_2406.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2392.jpeg
    IMG_2392.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Ok there has to be a nail in the wood so I step up as usual

Why ?

If anyone thinks or believes this is pinball then stand in the corner face the wall and put your pointy ‘D’ hat on

MM 🐰

Ok there has to be a nail in the wood so I step up as usual

Why ?

If anyone thinks or believes this is pinball then stand in the corner face the wall and put your pointy ‘D’ hat on

MM 🐰
I dont think anyone thinks it's real pinball BUT it was a gateway drug for me lol never knew I liked pinball until I played some on my desktop then saw cabs on YouTube so built myself a virtual cab, then built a second bigger/better one 6 months later. 9 months after that I got my first real pin. I just love the fact that I can play pretty much any table i want and learn the rules, I played ACDC to death and first time I played the physical version at electric circus I beat my "virtual best" and scored 360mil. Wouldn't have known how to play if not for virtual. It's a good cheap practice tool or just a good cheap way of playing 100's of tables including originals that only exist in the virtual world 1 of which i designed myself and is currently the 3rd most downloaded virtual table of all time lol. At the end of the day people still buy and play Fifa its the same as saying "put down the controller and go play outside instead"

I dont think anyone thinks it's real pinball BUT it was a gateway drug for me lol never knew I liked pinball until I played some on my desktop then saw cabs on YouTube so built myself a virtual cab, then built a second bigger/better one 6 months later. 9 months after that I got my first real pin. I just love the fact that I can play pretty much any table i want and learn the rules, I played ACDC to death and first time I played the physical version at electric circus I beat my "virtual best" and scored 360mil. Wouldn't have known how to play if not for virtual. It's a good cheap practice tool or just a good cheap way of playing 100's of tables including originals that only exist in the virtual world 1 of which i designed myself and is currently the 3rd most downloaded virtual table of all time lol. At the end of the day people still buy and play Fifa its the same as saying "put down the controller and go play outside instead"
Well said. Exactly right!

And good one with the FIFA analogy - I was trying to think of just that kind of thing when responding to earlier message but for some reason all I could think of was the virtual sex one 😂

And a huge heads up to you for this mental infatuation, it needs you guys to do this stuff and keep the stupidity alive

I wasn’t denying the intention just the outcome and fear that some of the most beautiful machines will be dying by this tech ?

Funny smell burnt coils you can’t replicate that

MM 🐰

And a huge heads up to you for this mental infatuation, it needs you guys to do this stuff and keep the stupidity alive

I wasn’t denying the intention just the outcome and fear that some of the most beautiful machines will be dying by this tech ?

Funny smell burnt coils you can’t replicate that

MM 🐰
Why is it stupid?

Why are we dunces?

I have two real pinball machines currently. One a Big Lebowski so a fairly modern machine and a Data East Star Wars so an older machine but one of my favourites of all time

I have had tens of real machines over the years. No one is trying to kill the hobby here. It’s just a different angle. I played AC/DC pinball on the first VP I made. I would never have thought I would have bought an AC/DC before I played it on a VP machine - theme just didn’t interest me - but I bought a real one as a result of playing it virtually first.

There is no need to insult anyone just because you’re not interested in virtual pinball.

This thread is not a thread to discuss the merits or otherwise of a video game version of pinball it is a for sale thread and it is certainly not a thread to call people dunces on or say we have an infatuation with something that is stupid.

I don’t describe my VP machine or my real pinball machines as “beautiful” so not sure how I am the one with an infatuation.

Crikey! !!

Mate

I’ve always been outspoken mate most who know me will agree with that statement

Never my intention to upset you or antagonise you

I’ve No intention to fight you mate but you can’t deny my opinions

Virtual is as it says on the tin

Total ********

MM 🐰

Crikey! !!

Mate

I’ve always been outspoken mate most who know me will agree with that statement

Never my intention to upset you or antagonise you

I’ve No intention to fight you mate but you can’t deny my opinions

Virtual is as it says on the tin

Total ********

MM 🐰
No worries mate.

Apology accepted.

I don’t deny you your opinions as you I’m sure don’t deny me mine so we’re all good.

Like I say. Each to their own and let’s leave it at that and leave it as a For Sale thread.

No worries mate.

Apology accepted.

I don’t deny you your opinions as you I’m sure don’t deny me mine so we’re all good.

Like I say. Each to their own and let’s leave it at that and leave it as a For Sale thread.
yeah sorry about destroying the thread, have you looked on the virtual pinball facebook pages? always people looking to buy and sell on there quite a few in the UK today i can dm you an invite if you arent already in them

yeah sorry about destroying the thread, have you looked on the virtual pinball facebook pages? always people looking to buy and sell on there quite a few in the UK today i can dm you an invite if you arent already in them
Thanks. I’m on a VP Build FaceBook group but majority of members on there are from U.S.

Good price.
I have 1 VP and 6 real pinball machines. Apart from helping to learn rules of tables also helps me choose real machines.
Given my current selection includes P3 (Which some consider not real pinball) and RFM (My first real machine picked as NO one has reproduced this correctly in VP yet).

Is it time to ask that people post relevant comments on a thread and especially for sales threads?
If everyone signed up puts their opinion onto every for sale advert, no one will sell anything here.

Comments that are welcome are if you have played the very machine being sold, or can vouch for a little know seller because you have done a transaction with them.
Or if you know the machine has issues, the seller is trouble, you know it to be a scam.

If you think the price is too high, share examples of why but they have to be relevant, not that I bought my TAF for £2k (in 2012). Or I would never pay that for TAF (because I hate it).

If you didn't like a machine or you think it is the best ever, how how is that relevant to a sales advert unless it is so rare, few are ever likely to play it.

I person say good price can help, then others who agree can upvote and downvote it. And lets now make this a debate here, upvote and downvote it and I will know what the community thinks.

Caused you a bit of hassle but really appreciate it, we got there in the end! Thank you so much!
You’re welcome Matt.

Nice to have a straightforward no quibbles deal with someone local!

Hope you have lots of fun with it.

Just let me know where to send the chiropractor’s bill for my bad back 😂

Back
Top Bottom