Sold 3D HD 1080p Projector

• Hi Guest,

Northern Lights Pinball Show - 27th & 28th October 2018

Visit the Thread here!!

Buy your DISCOUNTED tickets here and support this event!

Buying on the link above helps NLP and they are cheaper than the listed play expo tickets, and the on the door price.

Also it allows you to get in before the general pay on the door public.

This year their chosen charity is a local Blackpool one, Donnas dream house.

Another weekend. Loads more machines. Be there.

HomerRamone

Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2013
Newcastle
Great projector at a good price, I also had this projector, I now have the Optoma UHD60 4k, stunning picture quality, only problem is the cost of 4k movies still at £25.
AAMOI is the 60 "real" 4k ? I just replaced mine with an HD39 Darbee. Was looking at 4k ones but the sub £1k models use pixel shifting so opted instead for a good 1080..

robertlucas1970

Feb 29, 2016
Shrewsbury
I had no idea about this pixel shifting and other methods, but you was was right, most the projectors under £5k seems to be some sort of 4k, but not real 4k, all a bit of a fix...........
So I called Richer Sounds who have always been great, I got the projector from them because of the 6 year warranty they give, I have had it 4 months and they have agreed to take in back in exchange for the Sony which is getting all the rave reviews at the minute, so great service.
I was happy with Optoma, it really does look stunning, but its DLP and I can see a rainbow of light every minute which I am told some people see it and some dont, so thats the main reason for the upgrade, but I did feel a bit cheated thinking I had a 4k setup.
I know its not the cheapest place to get it, but with the 6 year warranty and a free Sony UBPX1000 4k bluray player which is not a cheap player makes it a good deal, have to wait 2 weeks now until they get stock from Sony.

Oct 27, 2015
brockenhurst hampshire
Which Sony projector and how much?
@robotgreg ...... hi Greg,
They are talking about the Sony vpl-vw260es, sonys "lowest price" native 4K projector. (Bit smaller dimensions than their previous projector s). What hi-fi 5star winner. May 2018..
Set one up for one of my audio customers last month and the picture was stunning (cost him £4.6k).he was using the oppo udp-205 signature,
Blu-ray player. Awesome! Hope that helps...
K.