What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robot Bash 30 Dec

robotgreg

Site Supporter
Alias
Greg
HI

Announcing that as in previous years I'll be hosting the Robot Bash meet/comp at the end of the year in Broadstone, near Poole Dorset which will be on Saturday 30 December. This comps is part of the UKCS and the last meet of the year to count for this year's UK Championship Series.

Format will be identical to previous years where we'll play rounds of 4 player games based on WPPR rank and points in the comp so best players always play each with points of 9,5,2,0 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th in each match, and then knockout rounds. Top 8 will qualify for knockout rounds.

Practice from 10.30 with the comp to start at 12.00. We'll try to fit in 7 rounds of qualifying but the last round must start before 5 although minimum of 6 rounds. More info on the website http://www.robotbashpinball.co.uk/

Machines line up to be:
AC/DC Premium
Attack from Mars
Corvette
Dirty Harry
Fish Tales
Game of Thrones
Indy 500
Johnny Mnemonic
Kiss
Lord of the Rings (not in comp)
Medieval Madness
Metallica
Monster Bash
Spiderman
Star Trek
Walking Dead
X-Men

Please note registration will open 10am on Saturday 25 November. In order to register you'll need to send £10 by paypal gift friends/family please and I'll post the paypal address to send money to at 10am on 21st both here and on the website. Please make sure you cover any charges when using paypal. I think it's free if paying either from a paypal balance or debit card.

Places will be limited to a maximum of 32 and in the past it's sold out pretty quickly so if interested, urge you to register ASAP on 26 Nov to avoid disappointment. However, there will be a reserve list and historically there have been some players drop out so a chance to still potentially compete.

If you do register, but later realise you can't make it, please let me know. Your place will be offered to the next person on the reserve list. Fees will be refunded up to 17 Dec. After then no refund for cancellation.

Please make sure you can make the start time of 12am and stay at least for the final qualifying round until about 5.30 before the knockout rounds.

Look forward to seeing some of you on 30th Dec if not before at one of the other many comps coming up shortly.

Cheers
Greg

Just a reminder that registration opens tomorrow:)

Please note preference will be given to those who've supported the event in the past.
So it won't be on a first come - first served basis, and thus not eligible for WPPR points? ;)

Attachments

• IFPA.JPG
    IFPA.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 19
Registration opened at 10am.

Many thanks to everyone who's registered so far as follows:

1 Greg Mott
2 Amelie Mott
3 Oscar Mott
4 Fiona Mott
5 Nick Marshall
6 Sam McCourt
7 Andrew Wilson
8 Andrew Shillabeer
9 Keith Burden
10 Jack Burden
11 Simon Harper
12 Neil McRae
13 Vin Jauhal
14 Paul Owen
15 Kev Donovan
16 Dave Willcox
17 Michael Addis
18 Ed Emms
19 Craig Pullen
20 Emma Oliver
21 Helmut Langenbruch
22 David Mainwaring
23 Jon Melleney
24 Martin Gosling
25 Dan Young
26 Dan Scuadamore
27 Jeremy Downes
28 Sheila Downes

Cheers
Greg

Now sold out and taking reserves in case of drop outs:

1 Greg Mott
2 Amelie Mott
3 Oscar Mott
4 Nick Marshall
5 Sam McCourt
6 Andrew Wilson
7 Andrew Shillabeer
8 Keith Burden
9 Jack Burden
10 Simon Harper
11 Neil McRae
12 Vin Jauhal
13 Paul Owen
14 Kev Donovan
15 Dave Willcox
16 Michael Addis
17 Ed Emms
18 Craig Pullen
19 Emma Oliver
20 Helmut Langenbruch
21 David Mainwaring
22 Jon Melleney
23 Martin Gosling
24 Dan Young
25 Dan Scuadamore
26 Rich Mallett
27 Matt Vince
28 Chris Mallett
29 Justin Walker
32 Andy Ball
30 Owen Richards
31 Tim Thornton
33 Philip Mann
34 Peter Blakemore
35 Aaron Hicks
36 Ed Duckworth

Reserves
37 Harry Bolt
38 Jeremy Downes
39 Sheila Downes
40 Fiona Mott

Cheers
Greg

Fantastic day of pinball..big thank you to greg and Fiona for your hospitality from jack and me! Great to see everyone.....
....one day...just one day I will qualify for the final!:tut:
(Note to self..actually learn some game rules:hmm:) c u all around in 2018......

Totally agree - fantastic day of Pinball - came away please with how I played and only one game I think I could have done better :) good to see friends! And huge thanks to Greg and family for their excellent hospitality!

Cheers,
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, massive thanks to Greg for hosting. Not been before but it's great format, I'll definitely be coming next year.

And I've got games room envy something chronic. I might have to sell a kidney or two so I can get mine set up as well as that. :thumbs:

Yeah, massive thanks to Greg for hosting. Not been before but it's great format, I'll definitely be coming next year.

And I've got games room envy something chronic. I might have to sell a kidney or two so I can get mine set up as well as that. :thumbs:

That carpet is something else!

Many thanks for all the kind comments and glad to hear you guys had a good time:)

Congats and very well played to the 4 finalists as follows: Rich 1st, Nick 2nd, Matt 3rd, David 4th. Here's the full results and score file attached for anyone interested.

1 Rich Mallett
2 Nick Marshall
3 Matt Vince
4 David Mainwaring
5 Greg Mott
6 Andrew Wilson
7 Tim Thornton
8 Philip Mann
9 Andy Ball
10 Craig Pullen
10 Keith Burden
12 Vin Jauhal
13 Peter Blakemore
13 Paul Owen
15 Dave Willcox
15 Harry Bolt
15 Neil McRae
15 Martin Gosling
15 Sam McCourt
15 Chris Mallett
21 Kevin Donovan
22 Ed Duckworth
23 Nick Hill
24 Andrew Shillabeer
24 Simon Harper
24 Jon Melleney
27 Jack Burden
28 Michael Addis
29 Amelie Mott
30 Dan Lewell
31 Owen Richards
32 Bob Marlow
33 Aaron Hicks
33 Ed Emms
35 Dan Young

Cheers
Greg

Attachments

• Robot Bash meet 2017 template 40.xls
    230 KB · Views: 14
Thanks Greg - congrats Rich! Well deserved !

Very pleased with my final position ! :)

Neil.

Greg
maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I load that xls its empty of the scores/figures?

Cheers,
Neil.

Neil, we only recorded the result not the machine scores. Results for each round are on the Round tabs. Hope that helps.

greg - thanks- but even so when I open it its missing all the scores on the rounds tabs?

Greg,
no points in it at all, will check on another laptop! its like its the file you started with, rather than the file you ended with but could be security/macros stuff and I'm on a Mac!

Neil.

see here:

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 11.18.03.png

bizarre!

anyway thanks again Greg, really enjoyed the day.

Neil.

Many thanks to Greg & family for hosting this essential annual event!
Great to have met some familiar faces and some new ones!
already looking forward to 2018's
Cheers Bob

As in previous years, a couple of bits left - some black slippers and a black hat with HH on (@new forest pinball)?

Let me know if either yours and we'll work out best way to get them back to you,

Back
Top Bottom