What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robot Bash 30 Dec Broadstone, Dorset

robotgreg

Site Supporter
Alias
Greg
HI

Announcing that as in previous years I'll be hosting the Robot Bash meet/comp at the end of the year in Broadstone, near Poole Dorset which will be on Friday 30 December. This comps is part of the UKCS and the last meet of the year to count for this year's UK Championship Series.

Format will be identical to previous years where we'll play rounds of 4 player games based on WPPR rank and points in the comp so best players always play each with points of 9,5,2,0 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th in each match, and then knockout rounds. Top 8 will qualify for knockout rounds.

Practice from 10.30 with the comp to start at 12.00. We'll try to fit in 8 rounds of qualifying but the last round must start before 5 although minimum of 6 rounds. More info on the website http://www.robotbashpinball.co.uk/

Machines line up to be:
AC/DC Premium
Attack from Mars
Corvette
Dirty Harry
Fish Tales
Game of Thrones
Johnny Mnemonic
Kiss
Lord of the Rings (not in comp)
Medieval Madness
Metallica
Monster Bash
Road Show
Spiderman
Star Trek
Walking Dead
X-Men

Please note registration will open 10am on Saturday 26 November. In order to register you'll need to send £10 by paypal gift friends/family please and I'll post the paypal address to send money to at 10am on 21st both here and on the website. Please make sure you cover any charges when using paypal. I think it's free if paying either from a paypal balance or debit card.

Places will be limited to a maximum of 32 and in the past it's sold out pretty quickly so if interested, urge you to register ASAP on 26 Nov to avoid disappointment. However, there will be a reserve list and historically there have been some players drop out so a chance to still potentially compete. Also welcome to come along if not in the comp for the social side and and there will be machines available to play all day although the comp games will take priority. To come along and not compete, fee will be £5 to cover food and drink.

Please make sure you can make the start time of 12am and stay at least for the final qualifying round until about 5.30 before the knockout rounds.
Look forward to seeing some of you on 30th Dec if not before at one of the other many comps coming up shortly.

Cheers
Greg

Hi

Following players registered:

Vin Jauhal
Keith Burden
Jack Burden
Andrew Shillabeer
Andrew Wilson
Nick Marshall
Ed Duckworth
Dan Williams
Elliott Roberts
Kevin Brown
Nick Hamill
Matt Vince
Paul Owen
Jon Melleney
Dan Young
Andy Ball
Justin Walker
Owen Richards
Martin Ayub
Ivan Miles
Sam McCourt
Greg Mott
Amelie Mott
Oscar Mott
Nick Hill

7 places left!

Let me know if you've sent payment and your name's not on the list.

Cheers
Greg

Have you got a link? I'm on my phone and can't see the top post (iPhone on Tapacrap, events always show up like this with just a number)

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161126_ecdd40a360cb9ace43d9496cb5b7316c.png.jpg

edit - I can't make it now, so contact Greg quick to grab my spot

Last edited:
Updated list of registered players. 2 places left before open reserve list:

Vin Jauhal
Keith Burden
Jack Burden
Andrew Shillabeer
Andrew Wilson
Nick Marshall
Ed Duckworth
Dan Williams
Elliott Roberts
Kevin Brown
Nick Hamill
Matt Vince
Paul Owen
Jon Melleney
Dan Young
Andy Ball
Justin Walker
Owen Richards
Martin Ayub
Ivan Miles
Sam McCourt
Greg Mott
Amelie Mott
Oscar Mott
Nick Hill
Dave Willcox
Simon Harper
Aaron Hicks
Peter Blakemore
Dan Scuadamore
Thomas Evrenos
Tim Thornton
Harry Bolt
Dan Bradford

Cheers
Greg

Latest list, had one cancellation so one space left!

Vin Jauhal
Keith Burden
Jack Burden
Andrew Shillabeer
Andrew Wilson
Nick Marshall
Ed Duckworth
Dan Williams
Elliott Roberts
Kevin Brown
Nick Hamill
Matt Vince
Paul Owen
Jon Melleney
Dan Young
Andy Ball
Justin Walker
Owen Richards
Martin Ayub
Ivan Miles
Sam McCourt
Greg Mott
Amelie Mott
Oscar Mott
Nick Hill
Dave Willcox
Simon Harper
Aaron Hicks
Peter Blakemore
Dan Scuadamore
Thomas Evrenos
Tim Thornton
Harry Bolt
Craig Pullen
Ryan Pullen
Martin Gosling
Rich Mallett
Tim Slow
David Mainwaring

Thanks to everyone who came along yesterday. Hope you all enjoyed it and had a fun day of pinball.

Many congrats to Craig for his second win here after over 10B on AFM in the final, well deserved. Also well played to Paul Own in 2nd, David Mainwaring in 3rd and Matt Vince in 4th.

Here's the results from yesterday's comp:

1 Craig Pullen
2 Paul Owen
3 David Mainwaring
4 Matt Vince
5 Nick Marshall
6 Ed Duckworth
7 Dan Williams
8 Greg Mott
9 Jack Burden
10 Elliott Roberts
11 Andrew Wilson
11 Nick Hill
11 Harry Bolt
14 Thomas Evrenos
15 Martin Ayub
15 Justin Walker
17 Aaron Hicks
17 Mike Kindler
17 Keith Burden
20 Rich Mallett
21 Vin Jauhal
22 Peter Blakemore
22 Andrew Shillabeer
22 Martin Gosling
22 Kevin Brown UK
26 Simon Harper
27 Neil McRae
28 Bob Marlow
29 Nick Hamill
29 Dan Young
31 Tim Slow
31 Jon Melleney
33 Owen Richards
34 Andy Ball
35 Dan Scudamore
36 Amelie Mott
37 Oscar Mott

I'll update the final UKCS standings once I have the ratings from the IFPA website and will then contact all qualifiers for the UKCS finals to be held at David Dutton's near Huddersfield on Sat Feb 18.

Agreed...fantastic line up. Good to see everyone again.....as this was the only meet i got to this year (or do I mean last year!) rusty as an old nail! But had great fun. That's the main thing. A big thank you to Greg and Fiona for your hospitality. Well done jack for 9th. (Although I am slightly biased) but it is good to have some younger players. Ciao fer now..keef:):thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom