What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South West League Meet 5 Sunday 29 October

robotgreg

Site Supporter
Alias
Greg
Hi all

The final meet of the season for the South West league will be at Kev Donovan's, Newport South Wales on Sunday 29 October.

As anyone who's been before will testify, Kev has a great set up with an amazing line up of machines as you'll see below and is a fantastic host so would strongly encourage to come along for the last meet of the season and possibly the last South West meet!?

As usual 12 for practice and we'll start league play at 2pm. The standard league admission fee applies (£2 for adults, free for children; with a suggested contribution of £3 per person towards food and drink).

League machines: Will select between 8 and 12 from the following. Will try to let you know before the day which ones will be in the league:

Star Trek Pro
Xmen LE
Tron
Ghostbusters Pro
Medieval Madness
Grand Prix
POTC
Getaway
Whitewater
Lord of the Rings
Revenge from Mars
Judge Dredd
Xenon
Batman Dark Knight

If you're not on the regular South West mailing list and would like to come along, please PM me for address and to confirm attendance.

Look forward to seeing some of you on Sunday 29th.
Cheers
Greg

Just to say a huge thanks to Kevin and Lorraine for hosting today, an excellent afternoons pinball, unbelievable machine quality across the board. there must have been many hours & £'s spent to get them to such high standard, a fine selection of nibbles too , and hope this is not the last league meet in the south West?

Echo what Neil, Craig and Mike have said: an awesome collection and condition of machines which played fantastically. Kev and Lorraine were excellent hosts as ever and many thanks to both for hosting a very enjoyable meet.

Here's the results from yesterday. Some tough competition and well done to Craig for the win.

1 Craig Pullen 273
2 Greg Mott 260
3 Rich Mallett 258
4 David Mainwaring 234
5 Helmut Langenbruch 218
6 Joe Tripp 216
7 Mike Addis 210
8 Andy Taylor 207
9 Alex Willcox 202
10 Kev Donovan 194
11 Ed Duckworth 189
12 Nick Baxter-Sibley 185
13 Ellliott Roberts 182
14 Davor Bajzek 174
15 Neil Fellender 173
15 Gavin Rowley 173
17 Fred Dominguez 170
18 Dave Willcox 169
19 Emma Oliver 166
20 Paul Hawkins 153
21 Lynda Willcox 146
22 Harriet Hawkins 140
23 Alan Woodford 112
24 Lorraine Keyse 96
25 Nikki Woodford 80
26 Ed Emms 74
27 Eric Bajzek 59
28 Shannon Woodford 42
29 Joshua Woodford 31

Cheers
Greg

Thanks for the kind comments, much appreciated. The POTC, BDK and LOTR all belong to @mark9 so thanks to him also. Thankfully my partner Lorraine sorted out the food again, otherwise I would have been making toast for everyone.

As usual for some reason I tense up in comps and played like a beginner, 10th place a lot better than it felt.

Big thanks to Greg for the organising, 10 or 11 years is a long run, well done Greg.

It seems someone was having more fun than everyone else, left behind after the meet a pair of jeans and pair of mens underwear! :eek:... Obviously I was too distracted to notice what must have been going on!

32" waste jeans which would be too big for me obviously otherwise I'd have them ( in my dreams :D). Anyone going to claim them? .... @Nickbs? :D
20171030_105212.jpg 20171030_110539.jpg

Hahaha! Yes they are mine, sorry about that Kev! I'm a nightmare for forgetting stuff. I'll pretend it wasn't a deliberate excuse for me to have to come and visit to play DI when it arrives ;)

Great event & fantastic group of machines to play in stunning condition.

Thanks to Kev & Lorraine for hosting and Greg for all his efforts in organising this and all the previous events.

Nice thought @kevlar on the trousers and underwear being mine - would love to think that I'd fit into 32" waist, but if you remember, when we spoke as I left I'd put my clothes back on :D:).
P.s. Did think that 'naked pinball' was an interesting innovation for Sunday afternoon in South Wales, but not sure it appealed to all, particularly in the cosy front room:eek::confused::cool::rolleyes:

P.s. Craig - can appreciate people forget things, but can you talk us through how you managed to leave the house, walk to you car and drive home not noticing you were wearing nothing below the waist???:confused::p;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom