What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welsh Pinball Weekend 2017

Will you be attending?

• Yes - one day

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes - both days

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Supply a Pinball?

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Not attending

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay. Latest.

We have a full house of 24 Pinballs.

Also, 2 multi-arcade cabs. 1 Silverball swp machine and 1 coctail machine.

Plus 7 tables of console gaming.

Dave

Have a good one Dave. I'd be there if it wasn't for having prebooked another event the same time many moons ago. We are already almost a whole bottle of JD down here as car passengers so it's shaping up to be a good one, hope yours is too, know it will be

Have a good one Dave. I'd be there if it wasn't for having prebooked another event the same time many moons ago. We are already almost a whole bottle of JD down here as car passengers so it's shaping up to be a good one, hope yours is too, know it will be
No probs Dan.. Enjoy!
Hope everyone enjoys this one as it's my last.

Did a bit today. Thanks to Kevin Donovan, Ed Emms, Mike Kindler, Mike Parkins and Alex Willcox.

Attachments

• 20170428_192218.jpg
    20170428_192218.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170428_192232.jpg
    20170428_192232.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170428_192242.jpg
    20170428_192242.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170428_192249.jpg
    20170428_192249.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 19
Classic's with a difference ....

Attachments

• Snapchat-668009230.mp4
    4.9 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: JMP
Ignore the onces above. Classics with a difference !!!

Attachments

• 20170429_212322.mp4
    7.7 MB · Views: 82
Reactions: JMP
A great social pinball gathering,me, @replicas and @JMP loved it.Great effort by all involved especially Dave and Linda.Thanks to all who also loaned machines and turned up.Tho that was the only problem,for a massive pinball community it's a shame it's nowhere near as well visited as it should be.If people don't turn up these shows may not happen again!Shame i am writing this now,as we broke down and are awaiting pick up

Sorry to hear that Chris, hope you aren't delayed too long. Was great to catch up with people, a nice event. Big thanks to Dave and Lynda, well done. Thanks to all who brought machines and supported the event. Knackered now after much dismantling and moving of machines. Thanks also to Ed Emms for the use of his huge works van.

Yeah, big thanks to Dave and Lynda for organising. And thanks to everyone who made it possible by lending machines and helping set up / tear down etc. Me and pheebs had a great weekend, I think taking legs off machines is now her favourite bit of a pinball weekend.

Thanks aswell to everyone who played inflatable hammer pinball last night!! I think pheebs will remember that for a while. :)

And thanks to poibug and Dan for troubleshooting and (nearly) fixing BK2K. I enjoyed the troubleshooting and fiddling nearly as much as playing. I'll let you know how I get on with fixing it. And I promise I'll sort out the chewing gum wrapper fix before NLP!! :oops::eek:

One last thing, I was chatting with Lynda while we were packing up and I asked about next year, and she explained that this one has ended up costing them money to put on. I don't think it's fair that they go to all the hassle and effort to put a show on and then have to pay for the privilege as well. I got free entry to the show and comps because I took machines along but I'm happy to pay what I would have had to if that will help balance the books and I'm sure other machine donors will as well. So tell us you PayPal address Dave and I'll sort it out for you.

Cheers,
Dan.

A great social pinball gathering,me, @replicas and @JMP loved it.Great effort by all involved especially Dave and Linda.Thanks to all who also loaned machines and turned up.Tho that was the only problem,for a massive pinball community it's a shame it's nowhere near as well visited as it should be.If people don't turn up these shows may not happen again!Shame i am writing this now,as we broke down and are awaiting pick up

Great to see you guys again. Thanks to Dave & Lynda for a fantastic weekend. Dan's home with a few more trophies, still yet to earn my 1st!!

Nick, might be some years until your high score falls on my MB.

Big thank you to Dave , Linda , Kevin and all those involved .
Loveky venue as well , nice choice of machines .
Friendly bar staff and an ace to play Mario kart again

As Bamber used to say "starters for ten"

Attachments

• 20170429_212442.jpg
    20170429_212442.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20170430_125525.jpg
    20170430_125525.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 27
Massive thanks Dave and Lynda, Ian and Kev for putting on the weekend and providing machines. Really enjoyed it... Beer, Hammer Pinball and the Sex Pistols, what a combination. :D

Had a disaster in the classics comp and van broke down on the way home so got home around midnight.... but was worth it. Good to put new faces to names @ianw , his son Dan (what a player !), and @Mike Parkins.

Sorry to hear above it's your last @PinballDaze

Very many thanks to Dave and Lynda for a very enjoyable weekend of pinball in a nice relaxed atmosphere. Appreciate all the hard work and effort and thanks also to all machine loaners.

Good to meet up with some peeps not seen in a while.

A great fun event and shame if it will be the last Welsh one.

Thanks again
Greg

Yes I concur good weekend was had by all. As per usual didn't do the best in any comp but it's all about the taking part.

So to quote John: Beer, Pinball and some Punk can't get any better than that :)

Thanks Dave and Lynda!

Went up on the Saturday only and had a great time - great selection of machines and even got my first initials on a game :) (I'm sure it was reset to defaults as the P4 score I got wasn't amazing, but it was still a first! for me!)
Would be a shame to find a great event locally to me now only to find it was the last :(
Good venue too, easy to find, easy to park, beer in both rooms.
With a view to pricing - I'm always amazed at generally how cheap these shows, and the leagues, are - £7? for a whole day of games - Personally I'd pay at least twice that and still feel it was a bargain!

Back
Top Bottom