What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welsh Pinball Weekend 2017

Will you be attending?

• Yes - one day

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes - both days

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Supply a Pinball?

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Not attending

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there room for non comp players to just pay on the door?
I've missed the boat on the comp sign up the looks of it,but haven't been to a event for ages and just found out this is about 50mins from my new house!

Is there room for non comp players to just pay on the door?
I've missed the boat on the comp sign up the looks of it,but haven't been to a event for ages and just found out this is about 50mins from my new house!
Hi,
Pay on the door is fine.
Still some places in the comps. Better to pay and enter as it maybe full on the day.

Dave

Yeah would love to have been going to this.

The weekends spent at Dave Rolfes are some of my fondest memories of pinball.
Its great that @PinballDaze Dave is honouring his memory with a great weekend of pinball.

Especially hard for pinballdaze with him being so involved with helping Dave Rolfe organise and run the original Welsh Classics before losing his great mate..

Hats off to you @PinballDaze and good luck for the weekend :thumbs:

Latest.

Have arranged to open at 11am on Sunday instead of 12 noon. No practise for comp (as stated before) as machines were available to play on Saturday. Qualifying to finish at 2.30 and top 16 announced at 3pm.
This will give chance for loaners to fold up their machines and get away a bit earlier.
Dave

Also,
The scoring laptop we were going to use is no more

Please PM me if you can loan one and I'll send the score files over.

Thanks.

I will be promoting this event on BBC Wales Radio on Friday. This may mean that alot of the public will attend.
If the venue is full then I won't be able to admit anymore in.
Loaners and paid entrants - collect your named wristbands at the front desk.
If you want to ensure entry, please make payment of a paypal gift to pinballdaze@fsmail.net
Apologies if I'm not responding quickly to e-mails, messenger or text, but very busy collecting, moving and storing machines.

Dave

Not a good start.... van has a flat tyre, still at hire centre :(

Uh-oh, thats not good.

My van is still full of ladders and tools. I've got to empty it this afternoon before loading up and setting off. Can't wait for it now!!

Bad start for Ian.

My voice is almost gone due to recent man flu. Best to text me.

My airhorn has lost it's air, typical, will shop for another or if someone can bring one?

Dan- avoid using the M4, go midlands.

Have 3 machines left to fold up.

Just these two "favourites" left to pack.

Attachments

• 14933773522091781677468.jpg
    14933773522091781677468.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 14933774041751603892420.jpg
    14933774041751603892420.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 21
Last time I was in Wales (trip to Celtic Manor) BBC Wales might as well have been renamed 'BBC Gareth Bale'

Friday nighters....

Premier Inn, Cwmbran. Ashbridge pub next door. There's another pub about 500 yards away called The Terrace on Pontyhydrun road. Looks rough, but suits me (?). Cheaper. Taffy Apples Cider too.Darts, Pool and good Jukebox. Please keep mentioning that they need a Pinball... thanks.
Also live music at The Upper Cock in Croesyceiliog. Free admission. 9pm. NP44 2HE. Best get a taxi as there's a hill involved.

Saturday nighters.
Lock in at the Olive Tree until 10pm.
Hot food, like chips, available to buy.
Music and Pinball. Plus ales.

Live music at The Six in Hand with Slackjaw Rock. Free admission. Edlogan Square. 15 minute walk.
Also live band on Sunday evening but think most will be homeward bound.

Back
Top Bottom