What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress 1983 Bally GOLD BALL - Further Adventures in Budget Restoration

image.jpg

That's the mod to get the new 2732 EEPROM from Jim @myPinballs working. Pin 21 is normally held at +5V supplied via that big wide track on the right. But I have bent the pin out and used wire to connect it to the "D" jumper point which connects to the "A11" address line on the CPU. Job done :)

image.jpg

I also added header pins to make changing the A/B jumper easy. This is for switching between MC6802 and MC6808 CPUs.

The rest of the board needs cleaning and will replace all the electrolytic capacitors along the with scratchy volume control. Will also pop on a new strip of 0.156" header pins for the main interface and speaker connectors.

That aside it sounds F***ING AMAZING!!! Really good sound effects and background noises for this era from a relatively simple sound module. Will do a decent hi-def video tomorrow of a decent game with AWESOME SOUND.

My thanks to Jim aka @myPinballs for the ROM and to @astyy for help, advice, cross-referencing checks and listening to my endlessly long waffle as we share our love for the GOLD and SILVER BALLS! :)

I've got a tonne of other posts to do about other things that I've fixed, so more waffle to come soon!

And then I'll be able to start on my first cabinet restoration!

Great stuff. I have got the V12 2732 EPROMs from mypinballs too, which apparently improves the sounds and attract mode - (I haven't checked yet whether I need to re-jumper to use them, if so I like your header pin and raspberry pi lead solution).

Is the GI all working now?

Glad you have the sounds back :) Personally i would have made the A11 modification on the board itself so the rom is still easy to remove, but each to their own. This era of board is another great one. I'm really looking forward to getting my prototype boards for my remake on this one to. :) Lots of cool options including the reverb add on options! :)

Is the GI all working now?
Looks as though you could be right about the MOC3011 or something else on one of the GI Flasher Boards. I swapped the TRIACs over; the playfield GI was still good and the backbox GI still out. The playfield GI had a bit of flicker when I swapped the TRIACS back, so I think there might be an iffy connection somewhere in one of those in-line 5-pin connectors with the white and green wires. Further progress has been delayed because the MPU is now refusing to boot past flash #2 so I think the 5101 SRAM is duff. I'd been having some strange gameplay errors and book-keeping/settings were getting lost.

Personally i would have made the A11 modification on the board itself so the rom is still easy to remove
I agree! But I was being over-excited and impetuous. Also, unlikely I'll ever remove the ROM, but I will do a proper job later using some header pins and jumper wires. Will need to cut the +5V track to pin 21 and then add 3 pins to either reconnect it or connect to A11.

Gotta bring this MPU back to life now and then I can try the custom U2/U6 game ROMs :D

I've looked at the two lamps that were out. One of them, the 6K bonus, was definitely a dead bulb, and I think the 3K bonus was too, but then several other lamps (18K, 100,000 and the 1 by the spot target) stopped flashing in self-test mode. It's at the point the MPU refused to reboot. The "L" in the P-L-A-Y lane roll-over lamps looks as though it's a problem on the lamp driver board as the bulb was fine (tested before the MPU went strange).

All fun and games!

The "L" in the P-L-A-Y lane roll-over lamps looks as though it's a problem on the lamp driver board as the bulb was fine
The PLAY lane lamps was pretty much the first thing I had to fix on my Gold Ball - the nice thing is that if it's a duff driving SCR then its paired lamp on the second phase will be playing up too. If only one of the pair is out then it's something else. (Why am I writing this you know it all!)

You were right about the MOC3011, @astyy! Well, I assume it's the MOC3011 as it's much less likely the resistors have gone. I swapped the connectors over between the two AUX. DRIVER boards (they are mounted on the back of the backbox door) and the playfield GI died but the backbox GI came to life.

Snapshot@2015_0516_144115.png

Interesting, i did not realise that gold ball was using a combo lamp/solenoid driver board. I wonder why they switched this game to use that instead of the separate design.

Just come back from a non-stop half hour of playing. First proper session that wasn't just a quick game for testing. First impressions... I LIKE IT! Generally very fast. Action in between the 3 pop bumpers is utterly mental - I've got those dialled-in perfectly. I love the P-L-A-Y lane rollovers at the top which can be rotated using the right flipper. Best of all is the sound though. Amazing for this era!

Still got plenty of niggles to sort out. Looks as though there's an iffy connection in the playfield GI as it flickers on and off when the wiring loom is moved. It's got a few connector blocks long the green and white wires so I may have to bite the bullet and do the right thing by replacing them both. Also looked at the knocker which was completely gummed up. At some point someone must have thought some lubricant was in order but it went sticky eventually and caused the plunger to sieze. The coil is brown from over-heating. I've replaced it with a spare AQ-26-1200 but it's still not working, so assume the SCR on the driver board is toast. And the gold ball gate isn't closing. This is a double coil mechanism - one to throw the gate open and another to pull it shut. Hopefully just another SCR.

Very excited about this project now and totally up for a full cabinet restoration!

As an interesting aside I just spotted this on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121649071330

Original Backglass Concept Artwork for Bally's 1983 GOLD BALL Pinball Machine!

GoldBallConceptArt.JPG

Only $699 or around £450, collection only! No guarantee or certificate of authenticity...

You were right about the MOC3011, @astyy
I'm glad that advice was of help - I had a flyer through the other day that RS Components now does free delivery with no minimum/handling charge. I checked my spares and unusually didn't order an extra so can't help you here.

Interesting, i did not realise that gold ball was using a combo lamp/solenoid driver board.
Yes, this Grand Slam and a couple of others. So we have less PCBs and need less of your nylon stand off fasteners - I'll be contacting you for a pack of those if I'm not on your black list.

Very excited about this project now and totally up for a full cabinet restoration!
I was looking at the cab art today and its very simple only two colours stenciled on top of the pink/salmon/red whatever you go for. I'm happy with my GB cab but am repainting Hook up to the artwork - the paint has been bought!

Not such a good day on my Gold Ball, I was investigating the MPU jumper changes to move from 2532/2732 EPROM setup to 2x 2732 which doesn't appear too bad and referred to your earlier posts. But then on a bit of a test game the GI is a flickering and it was all a bit poorly power wise - perhaps when one Gold Ball rises from the ashes another has to die :(

Thanks for the tip off about RS doing free next day delivery on everything. Wow. More info here: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisplay.html?id=services/delivery-methods. I assumed it would only be for trade customers, but maybe not! Although strangely they don't stock MOC3011 in a DIP-6 package, only SMD. o_O

Interesting, i did not realise that gold ball was using a combo lamp/solenoid driver board. I wonder why they switched this game to use that instead of the separate design.
It sure is. Same board first used in BABY PAC-MAC in late 1982, which I'm sure you know is the combo pinball-video game with the "VIDIOT" board. It was then used a year later in GOLD BALL and GRAND SLAM even though other projects at the time were using the "standard" separate lamp and solenoid/regulator boards. It then popped up again in GRANNY AND THE GATORS, other pinball-video upright cross-over.

I reckon what happened is the Bally top brass said "design a new game that's dirt cheap to build, uses as few components as possible and re-uses anything we've got lying around." and hence GOLD BALL was born using only 3 main boards instead of 4, no drop-target banks (one of the more complex mechanisms) and only one slingshot.

perhaps when one Gold Ball rises from the ashes another has to die
Chin up! A bit of fettling and it'll be fine! It's all a labour of love :p

Cab art is indeed very simple. Hardest part could be matching the original "pink" paint. To the best of my knowledge it was actually a fluorescent red which is the reason it's faded so badly. Fluoro paints are never particularly stable, especially those from 30 years ago, and red is the least stable pigment of all.

May 2015
VARIOUS FIXES & UPDATES

I'm just so excited now that my GOLD BALL is working and playable! :D Hey, @andy! It's working again! ;) Another pin back from the dead!

FLIPPER OVERHAUL

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8752_17609163299_16206e2983_c.jpg

Looking pretty mullered I decided the nylon bearings needed replacing in the "linear" flippers. I've got a separate thread about this experiment so I won't go into detail, but I did manage to successfully create a pair of new "buttons" out of some 12mm Nylon-6,6 rod:

c2.staticflickr.com_6_5332_17609156119_db8e4e3100_c.jpg

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8689_17607879290_0acdb62092_c.jpg

Along with the new buttons, the plungers got polished along with the coil stops, fitted new EOS switches, new main bushings, Nyloc nuts on the bushing and coil stop bolts, new Nyliners, one flipper got a new coil and both baseplates got an extra pair of sheet-metal screws that hold the flipper to the playfield bringing the total to 6. Flippers are notorious for working loose!

c4.staticflickr.com_8_7672_17609121289_ba14afd0c7_c.jpg

To complement the work underneath the flippers got new bats and yellow Superbands topside:

c2.staticflickr.com_6_5466_17609161669_e8c5c80d01_c.jpg

METAL COVER PLATE

GOLD BALL has a custom metal cover plate that sits above and behind the special gold bullseye triple stand-up target bank. Mine was missing but @astyy sent me a photo with rulers for scale. My friend cut me a new one on his CNC machine (@astyy I've got one coming for you too... we just a few "technical gremlins" cutting the next one).

c4.staticflickr.com_8_7776_17795856421_6ab38d6547_c.jpg

Looks awful but eventually it came off the CNC ok:

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8730_16558477834_26f1488f21_c.jpg

And after a bit of work with the Dremel and some polish it came up great:

c4.staticflickr.com_8_7665_16993146928_081e96fe19_c.jpg

REBOUND SWITCHES & STAND-UP TARGETS

With the playfield upside-down on the cabinet I set about working on all the other switches:

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8876_17795842841_910b95caea_c.jpg

This is what all the rebound switches looked like to start with:

c2.staticflickr.com_6_5333_17607868020_3e8bae741e_c.jpg

But after a little "Dremel Love" they came up a treat! It's such a small thing but it's another little bit of bling that catches and reflects the glow from the GI lamps and just makes the game look more beautiful. It says "I'm loved.":

c4.staticflickr.com_8_7743_17172898924_25179d6a20_c.jpg

Similar lover was also lavished on the 4 spot targets (3 yellow, 1 white) along with a little Novus #2 then #1 and some very careful buffing of the centre rivets:

c2.staticflickr.com_6_5342_17769116506_058f579297_c.jpg

GOLD BALL BULLSEYE TARGET

This was in a real mess. Notice each switch was only held on with one screw instead of two so they were free to move side-to-side:

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8690_17792661862_4398511b5c_c.jpg

First of all I popped out the rivets holding on the snapped "bridge" plastic. I popped a cable tie through each just to keep the bits together as they tend to fall apart:

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8885_17607862590_2896654cee_c.jpg

Each switch was then taken apart in order and the metal parts polished clean with the Dremel:

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8810_17795816841_1c0b829889_c.jpg

I also found my first use for the fishpaper from my group buy. At the back of each stack before the thick steel brace bar was a layer of fishpaper. These must have got wet at some point as they were rusty and had made a mess of the fishpaper. The fishpaper itself was still intact and serviceable, but I thought it'd be nice to make new. It was cut using a scalpel and the holes made with 3mm drill bit using the steel plate as a template:

c2.staticflickr.com_6_5331_17607840360_5b0b74e353_c.jpg

Once all the switches were done it was time to do something about the broken plastic. My ultimate goal is to make a reproduction using some tough 4 or 5mm Lexan but for now I simply cut a match out of 3mm Lexan and used it to cross-brace the original.

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8788_17795817701_ef8af4f26e_c.jpg

As the original rivets were knackered, and too short with the extra 3mm Lexan, I bought some 8mm long M3 bolts with rounded hex heads and matching Nyloc nuts. These look very smart and not too different from the rivets. Most importantly no sharp edges to knick the ball when struck:

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8709_17607570228_b2808014a7_c.jpg

And the rear looking all shiny too:

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8736_17607571148_f7f47c8553_c.jpg

KNOCKER

I don't have a photo of the knocker coil but it was a sorry sight. Bulging a little around the middle with the wrapper brown from overheating, the plunger did not move freely at all. It was actually very sticky rather than stuck so at some point someone must have thought lubricant of some sort was a good idea. Whatever it was over time it dried out and congealed. After dismantling, polishing the plunger and cleaning the coil sleeve it still didn't slide smoothly. Definitely a knackered coil. Luckily I had a spare AQ-26-1200 from the outhole kicker on the junk PARAGON playfield I have. Tested out just fine. Popped it all back together (mental note: need to get a proper coil-stopless sleeve with extra collar) but still no knock in test mode. Time to reference the schematics! This coil is activated by SCR Q41... which is missing from my driver board along with R88 and CR8! They had been removed so cleanly and there's no trace of scorching so I assumed they were never fitted. Use a TIP102 for Q41, a 1N4007 for CR8 and a pair of 620 Ohm resistors in parallel (total 310 Ohms) for R88 as I'm out of 300 Ohm resistors (on order with a bunch of 50nF ceramic disc capacitors for switches):

c4.staticflickr.com_8_7768_17799521966_c130076759_c.jpg

Voila! Knocker working again. Not very loud though. Might try and beef it up a bit with a more lively coil and move it from the rear-side of the cabinet to the front where the coin box would sit.

MEMORY BACKUP BATTERY

The rechargeable NiCd on the MPU is long gone after spilling its necrotising guts all over the board, so I need a better replacement. I don't like the remote AA battery boxes - it's another set of batteries to forget, so I decided to try a Super-Capacitor. These have a ridiculous level of storage for a capacitor and therefore behave very much like a battery without any issues related to leakage. The are ideal for low current application like power SRAM memory chips.

To mount the memory backup super-capacitor a 1mm hole was drilled adjacent to the ground connection for the original battery. The negative terminal was soldered to this to anchor the battery then a short run of red wire connects to the other original battery point where charge is delivered via resistor R12:

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8854_17825828865_10409a7482_c.jpg

This super-capacitor is 1uF at 5.5V and should supply enough power to the SRAM for at least a month. Recharging should take around an hour so as long as the game is on once a month for at least an hour we're good:

c2.staticflickr.com_6_5451_17826293581_682ef67575_c.jpg

INTERMITTENT BULLSEYE

I started to notice during gameplay that when the ball struck the gold bullseye it would advance the arrow but rarely light the adjacent G-O-L-D-B-A-L-L letter. After consulting the schematics I realised this switch was missing it's 0.05uF ceramic disc capacitor (you can see it's missing in the photos above). I didn't have any in stock so blagged this from the junk Paragon playfield again. If you want to know about why capacitors are connected across certain switches read 3m. When things don't work: Switches and the Switch Matrix.

c2.staticflickr.com_6_5335_17205465443_b0dc4c95ac_c.jpg

The old green capacitor from Paragon has seen better days but it measured exactly 50nF on the ESR meter and I will replace them all when the new ones arrive. It has however totally fixed the letter spotting problem! I guess the switch closure was so fast that the MPU only had time to register it long enough to run the interrupt code to advance the arrow but not light the letter. With the capacitor the switch closure signal is slightly elongated.

Finally managed to record an HD video of some gameplay. Don't worry, I shoot 3 balls in less than 2 minutes ;) :p

I love the sounds this thing makes! Totally makes the game. :D

Incredible workmanship! That metal cover is beyond perfect. You need to wash your nuts though! :p

Note for anyone undertaking a bally restoration. Get plenty of replacement caps in as job 1, before you do anything else. Amazing how much better games are when all caps are fitted correctly to switches needing them and they are all new :) Often its something that gets forgotten about, then you can spend hours chasing your tail with non working, or half working switches and game logic. I use high quality 47nF 50v coated ceramic for high durability and life. I always have plenty if anyone needs any. :)

high quality 47nF 50v coated ceramic
What type specifically? Are they like these multilayer ceramics:

upload_2015-5-19_17-29-7.png

Rather than the traditional ceramic discs?

upload_2015-5-19_17-30-12.png

Amazing how much better games are when all caps are fitted correctly to switches needing them and they are all new
I'm sure I read somewhere that it's worth doing the 1N4148 diodes across the switches too. I guess if you've got the playfield upside down and your soldering iron out to do the caps then might as well.

I've got 100 caps on order ;) Going to do all three of my pins. Eventually... :rolleyes:

REMINDER TO SELF

Replace all IDC Molex connectors with proper crimped and soldered pins. IDC are ****.

I just noticed the 3X and 9X bonus lights were out. Checked schematic and they're common to lamp driver Q27 (there are OA and OB phase supplies for the switched illumination so 30 circuits can drive 60 lamps). Looked closely at the connector and the green/black wire on J1-1 has popped out. Grrr.... ruddy IDC... :mad:

Incredible workmanship! That metal cover is beyond perfect. You need to wash your nuts though! :p
Thanks @PeteB. Appreciate the comment as I totally respect your top work too!

Would you believe that those white rubber acorn nuts were brand new? Smallest amount of dirt on your fingers and they get grotty really easily. Still haven't found a really good way to clean white rubber. Novus #1 works okay, but need to have fresh clean towel. I bet that Bleche Wite Tire Cleaner would work... but I solved the problem by holding the cover plate in place properly with some polished Nyloc nuts and washers:

c1.staticflickr.com_9_8880_17672896758_cff446c6db_c.jpg

I also changed the posts as the originals were too short. I guess somebody else got them mixed up. You might just be able to see in that photo that I used a pair of vertically finned posts rather than the horizontally banded style, as they seemed just the right height, sort of medium between short and tall posts (there's one other odd height medium post that supports the one-way gate by the left passive slingshot).

Last edited:
Thanks @PeteB
Would you believe that those white rubber acorn nuts were brand new? Smallest amount of dirt on your fingers and they get grotty really easily. Still haven't found a really good way to clean white rubber. Novus #1 works okay, but need to have fresh clean towel. I bet that Bleche Wite Tire Cleaner would work... but I solved the problem by holding the cover plate in place properly with some polished Nyloc nuts and washers:

Yes, I too learned the hard way that in this hobby there are a lot of parts which love to pick up dirt from your hands and are a nightmare to wash. I've resorted to washing my hands thoroughly now before handling anything like those nuts, rubbers, and plastics. Having a box of latex gloves next to your work area comes in handy.

Never tried that Bleche Wite, I know a lot of the yanks use it, but I like Cif Actifizz - I bet that would bring the dirt off in combination with a toothbrush. I use it for almost everything. The Ocean one smells nice and it's only £1 a bottle from Asda. :)

May 2015
BACKBOX GI FLASHER

After a few repairs to playfield wiring, and switching around the TRIACs and GI FLASHER MODULES I concluded that it must have been a dead MOC3011 TRIAC OPTO-COUPLER causing the problem. A new one arrived in the post today and it was a simple 2 minute job to replace (it's the 6-pin white microchip in the middle btw):

c2.staticflickr.com_6_5338_17931910432_667949e38e_c.jpg

There are a pair of these boards mounted on the rear of the lightboard in the backbox, one for the backbox itself and the other for the playfield:

c2.staticflickr.com_6_5346_17931909582_3867c543c4_c.jpg

Switch it back on and KAPOW! We have backbox GI! Played a couple of games and in one of them got the random gold ball during which these circuits are used to flash the entire GI on and off:

c2.staticflickr.com_8_7780_17931912232_92e02135bd_b.jpg

Next on the to-do list is that flickering display in position #2. It was in #1 but I swapped them over. As the same problem is still evident (albeit now an occassional flicker on the match/ball display) I'm assuming the problem is with the display and not the MPU in accordance with the guidelines on my favourite fix-it site:

3o. When things don't work: Score Displays Replacement and Fixes.

Flickering Displays.

Flickering displays can often be attributed to cracked solder joints or a broken lead on a component. Here are some things to check:
  • Pin 36 on the display glass.
  • R21, R22, R29.
  • Q17.
  • U1 pin 13.
Often reflowing the solder joints on these components will fix the flickering problem. Also reflow ALL the header pin solder joints. These crack easily from plugging and unplugging the cable.

The header pins on a score display circuit board.
These often need resoldered to fix flickering displays.

techniek.flipperwinkel.nl_ballyss_rep_blydsp3.jpg

June 2015
SHOOTER HOUSING

Still haven't got around to fixing that dodgy display but have fiddled with a few other things. I received my order from PINBALL CENTER which contained:
  • 100 x #555 lamps
  • 2 x yellow flipper buttons
  • 2 x gold pinballs
  • 2 x flipper bushings
  • 1 x outer chrome shooter spring
  • 1 x inner chrome shooter spring
Packing was good and reasonably quick from Germany. One of the gold balls is for @astyy's GOLD BALL. They really do look good. Photo on the website doesn't do them justice, so here's mine:

c1.staticflickr.com_1_347_18275189349_c038246a1a_c.jpg

Even that doesn't really do it justice as it seems much golder and quite distinctive from the standard chrome pinball. Admittedly when it's whizzing around inside the game it hardly looks much different, but it's nice to have what I hope is a good match for the original.

Another thing that is notoriously hard to photograph is lighting. Those pictures and videos of LEDs never quite prepare you for the visual intensity assault that can look so out of place on classic era pins. As a quick test I popped a couple of the new #555 bulbs in the backbox and the difference is night and day! It's so obvious which are the new bulbs! They are at least twice as bright (yes, I checked and although there were a few 12V fruit machine bulbs most were the correct 6V) and look crisp and white instead of faded and orange. Can't wait to do the whole machine, it's going to sizzle!

Hopefully you can tell in this photo that the 3 lamps in the lower-right corner (the one bottom right corner, the one in the middle between the two lower displays and the one just below the "04" credit display) are bigger white blotches double the size of the rest:

c1.staticflickr.com_1_479_18435187676_3ac18d7a0e_c.jpg

I've also fitted the new yellow flipper buttons. Although they are the correct original colour according the flyer I'm still not sure they look right. I may experiment with red or blue once the cabinet has been repainted.

But one major improvement has been to the shooter. Before fitting the new springs I polished the shooter rod with the Dremel. Wow. I then fitted the new internal and external springs but discovered the inner spring is way too strong, so I've cut off about 20% of the length and stretched it out! The original Bally spring is much softer and bendier, but was a real tarnished mess that even my polishing would struggle with, so I really wanted to fit a new shiny spring. I may yet still cut another 10-20% off and stretch it out again to try and get the same feel. The biggest difference though was replacing the rather rusty diamond shooter housing with a second-hand spare which I got my Jim @myPinballs. After another 10 minute Dremel session plus a little Autosol and some Novus #2 on the Nylon sleeve it now looks like this:

c1.staticflickr.com_1_404_18456790822_a9e7d8fd10_c.jpg

Seriously please with that! And I love the polished shooter knob but that it also retains it's patina of scratches from decades of use:

c1.staticflickr.com_1_425_18273268578_7fb786c715_c.jpg

Very authentic, great look and feel.

But one major improvement has been to the shooter. Before fitting the new springs I polished the shooter rod with the Dremel. Wow. I then fitted the new internal and external springs but discovered the inner spring is way too strong, so I've cut off about 20% of the length and stretched it out! The original Bally spring is much softer and bendier, but was a real tarnished mess that even my polishing would struggle with, so I really wanted to fit a new shiny spring. I may yet still cut another 10-20% off and stretch it out again to try and get the same feel. The biggest difference though was replacing the rather rusty diamond shooter housing with a second-hand spare which I got my Jim @myPinballs. After another 10 minute Dremel session plus a little Autosol and some Novus #2 on the Nylon sleeve it now looks like this:

c1.staticflickr.com_1_404_18456790822_a9e7d8fd10_c.jpg

Seriously please with that! And I love the polished shooter knob but that it also retains it's patina of scratches from decades of use:

c1.staticflickr.com_1_425_18273268578_7fb786c715_c.jpg

Very authentic, great look and feel.

Wow. Glad to be able to help with this. that's got to be the best shooter rod and bezel i've ever seen on a classic bally :) Well done !

Wow. Glad to be able to help with this. that's got to be the best shooter rod and bezel i've ever seen on a classic bally :) Well done !
Thanks! Just need to bring the rest of the game up to the same standard! The playfield is looking and playing great, but got a lot of work on the rest. But I'll just do a little bit at a time. Might attack the coin door next, then send the legs to the local powder coaters.

Popped out for a few midnight games tonight with Gin&Tonic in hand and set my second highest score of 1.437 million including 2 extra balls!

I also papped some new photos on my brand new iPhone 6 (don't worry, it's a company mobile - if I had £600 spare I'd buy another pinball machine!). Just really pleased with how this turned. Looks beautiful and plays sh*t hot fast!

Makes me grin ear to ear every time I look at her!

Top Tip! Buy a bulk box of 100 lamps (#555 in this case) and replace every single bulb in the whole game. So much better. Best tenner I've spent on pinball.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks awesome.

Be interested to see how well your playfield cover stands up to being played on.
Thanks Ian! Still looking good so far. I don't expect it stay brand new looking but it's made of the same Lexan polycarbonate as the commercial playfield protectors so should last as well as they do. Only time will tell but so far so good. An occasional wipe with Novus #1 seems to keep it glossy. It certain plays fast!

I like that it's protecting the original patina of the playfield underneath. And if it eventually looks truly awful I can just take it off and make another!

Moonlit, midnight games of GOLD BALL with G&T's sounds decadent!

Back
Top Bottom