What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold 1980s Handheld tabletop games

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Thinking of clearing out some of my collection of 80s handhelds. Grandstand, Tomy, Entex stuff etc ...various pacmen, Kongs etc

If anyone is interested in any of them let me know and we can work out a price. I haven't fired some of them up for years so would have to test them first. They certainly were all working but you know what vintage electronics are like :rolleyes:

I'll add a list on here when I can be bothered o_O

Heres a pic of most, got another half dozen knocking about as well.

DSCF4441.JPG

That is too cool, I used to have one of those Scrambles :) Don't suppose you've got a Vectrex?

Used to have a Vectrex, but it had a graphics fault so I sold it. Would love another but they have rocketed in price :(

As usual as soon as I think about selling these I'm having second thoughts ! Aaaagh I'm such a sucker for this retro tat :D

Aaaagh I'm such a sucker for this retro tat

I love me some retro gaming, just picked up a Panasonic 3DO off a fellow forum member the other day.....it is awesome :)

I wondered where my pacman and scramble ended up after the weigh anchor of a history teacher confiscated them from me. Never did get them back, evidently my early budding entrepreneurial skills of renting my game and watch and other hand held games during breaks was not appreciated by the school!!! I thought 10p a go was in line with the local arcades (Margate) but the fact that the other kids spent all their lunch money with me, didn't go down too well........... :)

Thinking of clearing out some of my collection of 80s handhelds. Grandstand, Tomy, Entex stuff etc ...various pacmen, Kongs etc

If anyone is interested in any of them let me know and we can work out a price. I haven't fired some of them up for years so would have to test them first. They certainly were all working but you know what vintage electronics are like :rolleyes:

I'll add a list on here when I can be bothered o_O

Heres a pic of most, got another half dozen knocking about as well.

View attachment 2026

was gonna say ask the play guys(or I could)tho TBH you would prob get more off epay.
Tho play guys would put em out to play at there show

I have a broken Astro Wars that I always wanted to fix but the transistor that went burnt out the lettering so I never knew what type it was.

This is good for a bit of retro gaming! Has a 60 in 1 jamma which is not great with some of the sounds. This multi game has a proper CRT unlike the currently sold one's. I actually bought it to do a deal with a pinball but that might not happen!

DSC05506.JPG

I had a few in the initial photo and an MB Microvision with block buster cart was one of my faves. I've since learned that this was the same designer as the later Vectrex. An omission for me is Merlin - I always wanted one of those, not so much Simon (I spot the mini version). I can imagine it was great fun hunting that lot down in later years, don't blame you ditching them I'd probably never switch them on.

1546169386353.png1546169529777.png

I had a few in the initial photo and an MB Microvision with block buster cart was one of my faves. I've since learned that this was the same designer as the later Vectrex. An omission for me is Merlin - I always wanted one of those, not so much Simon (I spot the mini version). I can imagine it was great fun hunting that lot down in later years, don't blame you ditching them I'd probably never switch them on.

View attachment 76796View attachment 76797
Most were bought around 2000 - 2002 on eBay. Back when it was mostly still auctions, no crazy buy it now only prices like now, and you could pick most of these up for around a tenner [emoji3]
Don't think I ever paid more than 20 for any of them - even for Tron and Defender, which both command decent money these days. Sold my Defender for 85, thanks to it appearing in GOTG2.

And yes - I rarely switched them on tbh.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom