What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK League Finals & Side Tournament

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Alias
WWJ
The UK League Finals will take place over the weekend of 18th/19th November.

Qualifying for both A & B finalists will take place on the Saturday. The aim is for the finals also to be played on the Saturday, but more likely this will run over to the Sunday as in previous years.

There will be an additional competition to make it worthwhile travelling such a distance for some people.
Qualifying for this will take place on the Saturday and will consist of a league style 7 games.
Then on the Sunday, following the League finals if necessary, the top 8 will progress to the next round which will be a round robin style where each player plays the other once.
The 4 players with the best record will then progress to the final, which will be a 4 player 4 Game PAPA style final.

The trophies will then be presented for the whole season.

I hope as many people as possible who have qualified from their league placings will be able to attend.

Sorry Qualifying? it's already the finals.

where's this taking place?
Yes Qualifying - exactly the same as last year, and the year before if I'm not mistaken.
All A finalists (and B finalists) will play a number of games in the usual league format. The highest ranked players then play head to head PAPA style to determine the overall winner.

At SWL, Salisbury, it has been entered in the event section but is not yet showing until approved I guess?

Is the side comp open to all comers? or maybe can play machines not being used in the finals.

Should have said league finals entry by invite only.
For the hangover tournament anyone can enter.

Has anyone booked a hotel for this ?

Is there one that a few guys are staying at ?

Thanks

Wayne has told me that there are 12 A players and 11 B players attending for the finals.

Plenty of accommodation available as its out if season for tourists. There is also a caravan and camping club at Hudson's field in Salisbury.

@Wayne J have the 5 machines being used for the finals been decided? Or are they going to be randomly selected on the day?

Is 11am the actual confirmed start time of the Finals? Or is there a 'practice period' before official play begins?

There's no practice period on any of the competition games beforehand.
11 is the time it opens and allow everyone to grab a drink, get the pairings set up, scratch your ar$e, etc.
Comp games plan to get started at 12, or a little earlier if everyone's there and ready

A reminder that Special When Lit will be open at 11 am both Saturday and Sunday this weekend to host the UK league finals and it's side tournament. Anyone is able to enter the side tournament.

Thanks to Peter for hosting and Wayne for organising. My pinball skills were as good as always which mean I'm on my way home already :rofl:

but I had a good day playing on a cracking collection of machines.

Cheers.

Went along as an observer...and to catch up with all the titans. (You know who you are!)
Great event..fantastic spirit. Some great high scores...no idea who won as I had to dash..(the minute I heard Bournemouth had beaten Huddersfield town 4-0) had a real fun time. Played more star Wars l.e. Great game. Soup was great! A big thank you to moira and pete for there hospitality.....did anyone else but me do the hangover in the end?:rofl: As I never play in the league..maybe I should......next year perhaps...........:wave:

Attached are the results, for both the whole of the League, and the Side Comp on the day.

Attachments

• Results.xlsx
    15.9 KB · Views: 41
Thanks to Peter, Moira & Wayne for organising and anyone else involved, it is much appreciated. The scores on Whitewater in the side Tourney were particularly impressive. Normally you would be happy with 200M, in this particular 4 player match I believe the player (Matt?) with 711M came last!
Well done to Candy Floster for winning both Comps. He says it is not easy to win and needs to focus to win. I have to say he makes it look easy though!

Back
Top Bottom