What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Pinball Open

Moonraker

Site Supporter
There will be no UK Pinball Party show held this year, but Special When Lit has stepped forward to host the UK Pinball Open tournament for 2016.

Date: Friday 16th, Saturday 17th, and Sunday 18th September 2016

Unit 5, Loyal Trade Business Park, Stephenson Road, Salisbury, SP2 7NS.
specialwhenlit.co.uk/location.php

Cost: £30 for entry to the Open and Classics tournaments. All games will be set to 3 balls with no extra balls. Both tournaments will be head-to-head play in qualifying, then best of three head-to-head in the knockout rounds. There will be a loser bracket from the knockout, the highest placed player from the loser bracket will end in 3rd place.

Registration closes: 23:59:59 on Friday 29th July, 2016

You can click on the following link to register and pay:
http://tournaments.pinballnews.com/

Less than a week gone and almost a third full for Saturday. :cool:

upload_2016-7-7_11-12-58.png

I understand that a few people are going to wait until the closing date before signing up... This may mean you end up on Friday if there are too many entries for Saturday!

.......hi Peter, Jack and I had great fun thanks. Avengers l.e. Was fantastic. Bit of an outlane drain monster! (Probably because neither of us had a clue what we were doing!) Jack was chuffed to see the nba fastbreak (think he might of hi scored it) one of his fave's.......nice to meet the 'other' Keith and put a face to 'tilt alot'..... Only one problem though Peter, (and this is always the case) why does the time go so fast when you are playing pinball? :thumbs::wave:
C u all soon............:)

Anyone staying over Saturday night for beers? if so which hotel(s)

Last day to enter. Only 26 entries so it will probably be an all day event (instead of 4 hour periods) on the Saturday with people able to play the games once the competions have finished.

Hi Peter

I see on the Pinball News website page for the tournament that , with the lower numbers, the timings on Saturday gave changed for the competition to start in the afternoon.

Do you know what the format is likely to be in terms if numbers of people progressing to the finals on a Sunday - I've not booked overnight accommodation yet (I was originally going to do the sat AM session) and wouldn't particularly expect to qualify, but just weighing up the percentage chances.

Also is it still possible to enter, even though the cut-off date has passed? The link at the top no longer works, but going direct to the page appears to give the option to enter? A friend was enquiring.

Thanks for reminding me.

We have re-arranged the day and re-opened the entry so it is possible to enter. Depending on the final numbers entered it is probably the top 16 qualifying in both Main and Classics tournaments.

I'm not sure why the link at the top doesn't work it should. Here is the link again: http://tournaments.pinballnews.com/

Ah, it looks like there's been some forum changes regarding links.

Do you know what the format is likely to be in terms if numbers of people progressing to the finals on a Sunday - I've not booked overnight accommodation yet (I was originally going to do the sat AM session) and wouldn't particularly expect to qualify, but just weighing up the percentage chances.

Also is it still possible to enter, even though the cut-off date has passed? The link at the top no longer works, but going direct to the page appears to give the option to enter? A friend was enquiring.

Nick, I'm not expecting to qualify, but staying over to have a few beers and a probably a curry.....

Gents, please remember that you are most welcome to return on the Sunday for some social play should you not qualify in either tournament... :cool:

Naturally that also applies to anyone else entering... :D

Last edited:
Unless more people sign up at the last minute, it's looking like 3 groups of ten. In which case the top four in each group will qualify. :cool:

Blinding weekend thank you Peter/Moira and co!
Been a while (too long) since I've partaken and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. Great to catch up with people, great hospitality and great games.
Ivan

I'll second @IvanM - and thanks to all this'd helping out with all the organisation and admin!:)

Good to to catch up up with a few familiar faces as well as meet @phabletzza for the first time.

Had to leave shortly before the end, but congrats to the winners, whoever they were in the end!:thumbs:

@Nickbs good to see you again. Great curry and beers. Any again great to find friends drinkly in same hotel as staying in.... Andy, Martin, Jim, Nick, Wayne and Andy F.
Peter and Moria thanks again your hospitality

Definitely, had a great time, saw some familiar faces, met some great new people, and played probably the most pinball in one weekend ever! My shoulders will be sore tomorrow. Thanks again Peter and all who helped to put the event on. Looking forward to seeing everyone at more events in the future!

Thanks for the kind words, I will relay them to Moira. It was great to see everyone enjoying themselves even if results didn't go quite how you might have hoped..! :cool:

Thanks to Peter, Moira for hosting a great competition and the Raison's for the headaches they went through to make this possible. A very exciting weekend and nice to meet up with a few I haven't seen for a while.

Only just caught up with this, congratulations to David and Rich on the wins, sound like you all had a great weekend. Really wish I could have been there (and the EPC!), unfortuantely this time of year is just ridiculous for me. Hopefully i'll make it to a competition soon

This was a really fun weekend, thanks to everyone who made it possible. Are the final standings/results published anywhere? Also wondering if it qualifies for WPPR points.

Back
Top Bottom