What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sat 15-Sun 16 April 8bitflip Games needed.

replicas

Site Supporter
Alias
Nipper Pinball
Hi guys, trying to get the games for the show sorted and am asking for the help from this great community we have here.
As you might know this year's show is in aid of my sister who has a condition called Gardern syndrome. It'd a cancer that attacks all the organs in the body. For more info please read her story here, https://www.gofundme.com/2rpmxft3.
We are hoping people who are coming to 8bitflip can bring with them one or two game's this would give you free entry and we wouldn't have to pay out anything from what we make for machines , transportation costs thus more money would go to the charity.
We hope you can help us out by bringing a machine for the weekend.
Anyone who can help please contact me in this thread (even if you have already told me you can help) please get back in touch with me letting me know what machines and how many you can bring along.
We could not make this happen without you so if you can help please do, May I take this opportunity to say a great big thank you from the NLP crew myself and my sister.
Thank you .
D.

@Paul these threads still don't work in the events forum on tapatalk on iOS on iPhone6, this is what I see and have always seen for years

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170312_a01c4c3e4557bfafa7c17e110f4ff659.jpg

Anything you can tweak or is it down to other software outside your control?

Outside unfortunately. Tapatalk dont seem to support anything like this :(

I'll ask them if they can, however wouldnt hold your breath....

yeah, they're utter utter utter ****s. i'm constantly badgering them about all the **** ups they keep on doing with every 'upgrade', the latest one totally ballsing up the notification system. I know you all know what I mean if you use tapatalk - constant notifications, of things you've already read, even about your own replies to a pm. FFS

Right can we get back on topic now.
Are you bringing any machines @cooldan ?
We need machines , anyone else offering anything ?

Three from me (Gilligans, Raven and B.Busters) plus the two currently with Piobug.

Any shortage lmk and will collapse others, the cause is worth the effort.

bring with them one or two game's this would give you free entry and we wouldn't have to pay out anything from what we make for machines

Daz, if the people bringing games also paid for their tickets rather than getting in free I assume that would mean more money in the pot for your sister?

Good shout Chris, I'd be happy to pay my entrance for the extra cash to Daz' sister too ..... but would still ask for my van hire/fuel refunded, as £250 is a bit too much of a tip, is that fair?

Edit- learned that there's nothing in the kitty for hire/fuel costs so will just be me and one game in the car I expect. If I owned a van, it'd be easier, but the divorce hasn't done my bank balance any favours.

Last edited:
I can donate 3 but unfortunately, I can't transport them. If anyone in the North East is taking a van, you can swing by and pick my 3 up.

I'm coming up on the Saturday with the family, so no room in the car to bring anything unfortunately, but I'm happy to lend two or three if anyone is coming past Northampton with space in their van?

I'm coming up on the Saturday with the family, so no room in the car to bring anything unfortunately, but I'm happy to lend two or three if anyone is coming past Northampton with space in their van?
Jolly decent of you Dan offering up your games for our fund raising pinball event. I will see if it's at all possible that someone could help out. Our main problem is we cannot offer transport costs like we can for our October show , ideally we need as many people as possible to bring a pin then it's just free entry or if you want you can still pay your entry costs and it will go to the charity.
D.

Put me down for two of the following.
Atlantis, Roadshow, Fishtales or Hot Tip.

PM also sent.

Dave.
Dave - are you planning to take part in the Big Flip competition? - if so you can get a tournament only entry on our tickets page here http://www.8bitflip.co.uk/buy-tickets/

Also applies to anyone else bringing games and therefore not paying for entry to the show but needing a competition entry

Anyone else able to bring a machine - a few more would help

Looking forward to it and chilling out (well at least in the evenings) - especially after the month i have had :(
thanks

poibug

Even if you can't bring a machine come along to support a great cause and enjoy the after party with us lot drinking loads of beer and talking total crap.
Hope to see as many of you guys as possible at the event .

Long shot I know but is anyone on the south coast heading up able to pick up TFTC from @Fintan Stack and bring it to 8bitflip? Martin has gone off the radar.

Thanks

i'm bringing Sopranos.
spoke to Paul G this morning to make sure it wasn't a double, as it's on the game list now.
i also bought my show tickets, only sorry i can't bring a vanful as previously intended, but my ex-missus is taking me to the cleaners financially so i can't afford to waste £250 on rental plus fuel, sorry

At the moment it's looking like I'll bring Fathom but it will come down to what is working when I go round my Dads on Friday to test them out (Robot is another strong possibility) :thumbs:

For those bringing their own machines to 8bitflip (and who haven't been before) might be worth familiarising with your destination.. SatNav to BL9 7BW. Ela Mill is a pretty tall building, but you access it via the side of this smaller building, up a cobbled road. You'll go straight up that cobbled road, past a car park on your left, through some open gates into a courtyard where you can park. The main door in is to your right and you'll need to buzz for access.

ac1.JPG

ac2b.JPG

Best time for pin deliveries would be Friday before 6pm. NLP crew will be there to help, and this is prior to the videogame arcade opening at 6pm. (Come 6pm opening time the car park will start to get busy... and we'll have to fight with customers trying to use the lift).

Show starts at 11am Saturday, so maybe 10am or so would be good. You've probably still got me (or someone else NLP related) on your phone, so just give one of us a ring if any issues come up.

Also huge thanks to those bringing machines of course. Super appreciated!

Sorry for late reply on this.
Thank you to all bringing machines, Friday preferred but if you are arriving Saturday morning then the earlier the better. We will be there from 8.30 am so from then to 10.30am, no later please as show is starting as Paul has stated at 11.00 am.
Look forward to seeing all the old crew for a weekend of pinball and beer.

Back
Top Bottom