What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8bitflip 2017

With enormous thanks to Matt, we're very pleased to announce that Alien will be making an appearance at the show next weekend!

This particular machine may well be on pay-per-play to help fund our charity efforts, so don't forget your pound coins!
Are you trying to bankrupt me? Gits.

Are there any parts suppliers planning on being there next weekend? I'm sure I can put a list together if so... especially as my balls need a good sorting!

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

Dave from pinball daze is coming up.No stall iirc,however sure hemay be able to directly bring stuff for ya? Ping @Pinball daze

Games Update:

The following rare games have been added to the list for the 8BitFlip show over the Easter weekend. All of these will be used in The Big Flip tournament subject to status

Bally Medusa
Gameplan Sharpshooter
Gottlieb Excalibur
Gottlieb Spring Break
Gottlieb Tag Team

To make space for these some games from the previous list may be removed, particularly duplicate games where possible.

In addition to the above, as Paul has already posted we have very kindly been offered the chance by Matt Vince to have the new Heighway Games Alien at the show.
To give everyone a fair crack at playing what is bound to be a very popular game, and to raise money for our charity this year, that game will be on pay to play,

Show website for full information and tickets: www.8bitflip.co.uk

Machine donated which gets me free entry, which is great :thumbs:, however I will then donate the cost of a full weekend ticket to the charity by way of cash donation on the day :)

Firstly... Can I still order a ticket for this online???
I've managed to convince the wife that she needs to visit her sister in Manchester for Easter. I've also got out of eating her sisters crap cooking on the sunday so I'll be at 8bitflip for the 1st time...
I'll be on my own though... No mate's you see lol

Firstly... Can I still order a ticket for this online???
I've managed to convince the wife that she needs to visit her sister in Manchester for Easter. I've also got out of eating her sisters crap cooking on the sunday so I'll be at 8bitflip for the 1st time...
I'll be on my own though... No mate's you see lol
You can pay on the door.

John you'll arrive knowing nobody, and leave knowing about 20+ people i expect, i've never had a bad show experience (except of course for that show where @robotgreg stole my used underpants :-o for reasons best known to himself). we're a friendly crowd generally, nobody ever got a bad reception unless they first made it on their own by bad behaviour, but thankfully those are few and far between

in the meantime, this is you, you sad loser
sad lonely loser, like you.jpg

Edit: btw I hope you're not offended. Always hard to know nowadays. No offence whatsoever intended.

Last edited:
Likewise I'll be Billy-No-Mates also.

We'll have to blunder through until we discover the secret handshake (from my experience, not being terrified of nudging a pin is good enough)

John you'll arrive knowing nobody, and leave knowing about 20+ people i expect, i've never had a bad show experience (except of course for that show where @robotgreg stole my used underpants :-o for reasons best known to himself). we're a friendly crowd generally, nobody ever got a bad reception unless they first made it on their own by bad behaviour, but thankfully those are few and far between

in the meantime, this is you, you sad loser
View attachment 44147

Edit: btw I hope you're not offended. Always hard to know nowadays. No offence whatsoever intended.
This is exactly my sence of humour, Im sure I'll fit in just fine...

P.S. The missus lets me lick between her toes every full moon so :p

Easiest way to buddy up at the event is to enter the main comp on the Saturday. You'll be grouped up with people and best of all, play pinball with them. And thankfully the vast majority are super friendly and not overly competitive.

Easiest way to buddy up at the event is to enter the main comp on the Saturday. You'll be grouped up with people and best of all, play pinball with them. And thankfully the vast majority are super friendly and not overly competitive.
Im only there on the sunday so the comp is out of the question. Im sure I'll recognise afew guys off of here though and like you say, most are friendly enough.

I don't really know anyone either, and it'll be my first pinball tournament, looking forward to it.

For all those entering The Big Flip tournament at 8BitFlip 2017; here’s a little advance information to get the day off to a good start

First Round:

• When you arrive please come straight to the competition desk to let us know you are here and get a name badge to help opponents identify each other.
  • The first round draw will be made at approx 11:05 to allow anyone paying on the door to enter. If you are receiving this email your name will automatically be included in the draw.
  • Once the draw is made you will get a slip with the name and number of the games to be played and you will need to find your opponent and start playing your games.
  • The first round is played in pairs and is “best of three” – if one player wins the first two games that is a result and the winner should return the completed slip to the competition desk. Otherwise return the slip after the third game.
  • All first round games must be played by 12 noon. If your opponent arrives too late to enable this you will qualify as winner of the round. If both players arrive late the round may be decided by a single game or such other method as the tournament organiser may decide.
  • All players in round 1 go through to round 2; winners go through to Group A, losers to Group B – the path to winning the tournament overall is easier for those in Group A.

General rules applicable to all rounds:

1. The approximate timings for the tournament rounds are shown in the detailed description at http://www.8bitflip.co.uk/the-big-flip/ . However, in order to keep the tournament flowing the next round will begin as soon as all results for the previous round have been received. Please therefore play your games and hand in your results promptly. The start of the next round will be signalled by three short blasts on an Air Horn

2. Players must wait for each machine to become free before playing their match, any person already playing the machine must be permitted to complete their game.

3. The machines should be played in the order on the slip, however a machine may be played out of order if all players agree.

4. The order of play on the first machine played in each round is determined by the order of the names on the slip. For subsequent machines the order moves down by one place (ie the second name plays first, etc and the first name goes to the end)

5. Players by joint agreement may ask the tournament organiser to draw an alternate machine at random if one they are drawn to play is faulty.

6. Extra Balls are turned off on most but not all machines. If your machine is awarding extra balls and you win one you should play it.

7. Please respect the machines. Anyone abusing the games will be disqualified from the tournament

8. The tournament organiser’s decision is final in all matters respecting the tournament

I will be tournament organiser and will also be playing in the tournament. It would be appreciated if I am allowed to play my games undistracted but I will attend to any issues as soon as I am free. For minor problems (eg stuck balls) any member of the NLP crew should be able to help.

Good luck everyone, and enjoy the games

ssl.gstatic.com_ui_v1_icons_mail_images_cleardot.gifDavid

What is parking like around the venue?

If you can get a spot on the carpark with the yellow metal barrier as you drive in then you're sorted. Otherwise you'll have to risk leaving it down one of the alleys. The area is pretty ropey looking if you drive down some of those alleys with broken glass all over the road and fly tipping.

The results of The Big Flip and The Old Flip competitions are now posted on our website and have been submitted to the IFPA.
To see them follow the links on http://www.8bitflip.co.uk/competitions/ to the individual competitions and click on the results tab.

Thanks to everyone who came, took part and generally made it such a fantastic weekend.

And many, many thanks to those who donated their prize money, refunded entry fees, stuff for sale, or just money or time to make our fundraising efforts for Mekayla as successful as possible.
Once we know the final total we are sending we'll post it up on here

yeah many thanks to the NLP crew for an awesome weekend of pinball. Really appreciate all the time and effort if takes you guys to run this and also thanks to all machine loaners. Well worth the 10 hour round trip☺

Just like to say a massive Thank You to all who gave donations, lent us machines, helped out, supported the show , played the high score machines and when they won gave it back as another donation, the people who gave back there refunded comp entry, came along to play pinball and meet up with old friends and all in aid of my sister. After talking to her and telling her about the U,K. Pinball community all getting together and raising money for her we were both in tears, I can't believe the generosity of the guys and girls in our community. You guys rock. I can't name you all personally in case I miss out someone, but you know who you are.
I'm even welling up now writing this, once again massive thanks to one and all who had a hand in supporting this event.
THANK YOU.
D.

Really Gutted I missed this one but have Manchester Expo to look forward to. Also miss the Mid-year Pinball Party (Daventry) but I think Andy is a bit busy at the mo..............

Back
Top Bottom