What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights at Play Expo Manchester. Official machine pledges.

Nice one Steve,if anyone else has
things they can donate please do.This draws more people tobthe store =more to the teenage cancer trust

Just checking..

I am planning on bringing 2 machines, a few prizes and arriving on Friday pm. I won't arrive until near 8pm straight from work, will i still be able to unload? Do you have me already listed for any particular games? Can i be at the lock in?

Cheers

Matt

Just checking..

I am planning on bringing 2 machines, a few prizes and arriving on Friday pm. I won't arrive until near 8pm straight from work, will i still be able to unload? Do you have me already listed for any particular games? Can i be at the lock in?

Cheers

Matt
Pretty sure previous years we have been booted out by about 7 on the Friday evening.

I'm sure @replicas or one if the gang will be along shortly to clarify.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

You'll still be able to get into the venue and unload at that time, the venue is open until late that evening. If it's much later than that though and you want to make sure some of the pinball crew are there to assist (as opposed to in the pub), then may be best keeping us updated by phone :)

Matt, we don't have you down for bringing any machines as yet. Look at the second post in this thread to see what's already listed coming to the show. Maybe you can bring something that's not already listed. Let me know what two machines you will be bringing so I can add it to the list. I will let Dan Hardy know you will be wanting excess to the lock in on Saturday night.

Batman66 as new code should be there for expo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How mobbed is the pinball area usually? I’ll be there both days, I’ve seen some videos and some comments of people not getting on anything.

I understand it should be busy, just curious what kind of **** ache it is to get on to the more popular games.

Also, is there anywhere in Manchester beyond pinformer worth hitting as I’m there from Friday afternoon until Monday morning.

There's lots of machines with people playing all of them for the majority of both days. You want to play one, stand behind and wait for them to finish their game. Those saying they're 'not getting on anything' and/or wandering up and down looking for a machine not being played are those who usually aren't prepared to wait. You don't want to wait, get in very early, stay very late or keep your sharp eye out for someone on ball 3 or 4 about to finish and hasn't started a 4-player game (almost every kid playing will have done this) . Can't see how to quantify an answer to your question any other way really.

I am one of the people who complained about not getting to play much last year. Impatient? Not willing to wait? Yeah maybe thats true. If you want to get a game for sure, just stand as close behind the player as possible without touching. Chin almost resting on their shoulder. Smiling when looked at. They'll soon move on.

I am one of the people who complained about not getting to play much last year. Impatient? Not willing to wait? Yeah maybe thats true. If you want to get a game for sure, just stand as close behind the player as possible without touching. Chin almost resting on their shoulder. Smiling when looked at. They'll soon move on.

nope,from what I can see you are the only one.I am still not buying your previous comment

Its been busy every year that I've been there, but I've been able to play on everything that I wanted to.

Usually if someone is waiting, and you stand behind them they will just move on after they have finished their game. Most pinheads know to look around and see if anyone is waiting before starting another game. Often there isn't and you can play game after game on the same machine if you want, sometimes there is and you move on to let them play and go play something else.

If someone does just start a new game I usually just ask if they want a 2 player game, that either scares them away because a stranger has spoken to them, or you get to play against someone else. Either way you get to play.

Sometimes they aren't even aware you can play 2 player games and you get to help them out by explaining how the machines work a bit.

Usually have to wait longer in the queue for the bar than you do queuing for any one machine.

Its been busy every year that I've been there, but I've been able to play on everything that I wanted to.

Usually if someone is waiting, and you stand behind them they will just move on after they have finished their game. Most pinheads know to look around and see if anyone is waiting before starting another game. Often there isn't and you can play game after game on the same machine if you want, sometimes there is and you move on to let them play and go play something else.

If someone does just start a new game I usually just ask if they want a 2 player game, that either scares them away because a stranger has spoken to them, or you get to play against someone else. Either way you get to play.

Sometimes they aren't even aware you can play 2 player games and you get to help them out by explaining how the machines work a bit.

Usually have to wait longer in the queue for the bar than you do queuing for any one machine.

It was busy last year and I got on quite a few in the day and everything at the lock in and played a few 2 players

Just checking..

Cheers

Matt
No problem with a place at the lock-in for anyone donating a machine :):thumbs:

Regards,
Dan.

Back
Top Bottom