What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights at Play Expo Manchester. Official machine pledges.

If your ******** look like that you need medical assistance RudeDogg, and to the other comments i wouldn't mind seeing Madonnas' **** :)

If your ******** look like that you need medical assistance RudeDogg, and to the other comments i wouldn't mind seeing Madonnas' **** :)

I didn't mean my ******** look like his ass if they did I'd of been on one of them programs wheeling them about in a wheelbarrow

For those that haven't heard the story yet...

We were returning pins last night. Dropped off at @windoesnot, set off for @JMP and I switched the Google nav on. It reached a junction that I thought 'hmm, that's weird. I normally go the other way'. But of course I have complete faith in Google.. So off I went the way the lovely lady from Google said

JMP does live in the back end of nowhere, so when we start hitting single track lanes I'm expecting that. When the single track turns a bit bumpy, well.. not ideal, but at this point we can only go backwards or forwards. So on we go..

'You have arrived at your destination' is not something you really want to hear when you're on a single track road across an empty field in the middle of the night, with only wild animals living nearby. A call to JMP only served to confirm we were indeed lost, so the only thing to attempt was to turn back. We were at a point where the path had ended, and a left turn onto a tractor path, or reversing uphill over about a mile of single track were the only options. I opted for trying a three point turn, and soon found my wheels spinning in the mud. Each attempt to get out of this situation only slid the back end of the van closer to slipping off the verge, which would surely have toppled the van.

For a good while I think we both thought we were screwed, and had thoughts about sleeping in the van, or walking back to find civilisation. Lots of cursing, wandering around with phone torches trying to find a dryer patch of mud we could get the wheels onto, and an enormous amount of patience by @Ruk and a good 15 minutes or so of planning, we finally got enough traction to get back onto the single track.

Still heading the wrong way though. So with even more patience Ruk ends up walking alongside the van with mobile phone torch trying to help me reverse all the way up this single track slope we came down.

That photo is the very top of the single track, at a point we were both ecstatic that we'd got out of that situation!

Moral of the story... erm, Don't go to JMP's in the dark? :hmm:

Edited to add: was after 1am I got back to the hotel, so fairly goosed today! Will do thanks soon!
Great story superbly told. I would have had a complete 'episode' having been brought up on Hammer House Horror films.

Struck in the bum, by a radioactive meteor. Got a mate who illustrates and story lines at Viz, might give him a bell - i think we could have a new character.

:)

Even I've been known to have a wardrobe malfunction when a cheeky bollock has decided to pop out of me shorts lol
I used to inwardly laugh and roll eyes when 'leaders' (Denholm Reynholm esq) at meetings used "we need to go belts and braces on this". However, it has it's place I s'pose.

Also, am I one of the only people in the world that liked Spectrum? That was such a classy, stylish game. I can see why it wasn't popular, it's not obvious to play at all, but it seems like an ideal game to keep around for practising your precision shots. And it's just unique.

Er......NO!!!!!! I liked it a lot. I liked it so much that I went out and bought one the very next day! It's in great nick, as well. DSC06115.jpgDSC06117.jpg

Attachments

• DSC06119.jpg
    DSC06119.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC06122.jpg
    DSC06122.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 19
Thanks to all the NLP crew. Well done guys. A wire came off my TSPP upper flipper. Poibug soldered it back. Good man, as it went to it's new owner on Monday in full working order.....that was after picking up a very well looked after Spectrum. Minimal callouts....you can listen to music while playing pinball. Soft and subtle accuracy required!

Huge thanks to the NLP team, machine providers and all helpers, NLP had a really good vibe this year, I spent at least as much time chatting as I did playing :D

I ended up taking Tuesday off as extra holiday I was so tired my back and feet were agony,think we only had abt 4 dead games in show which not all machines survive that shows the top notch games that the pin loaners provide so massive thanks to you all,appologies to those in comp who lost scores when power went down these things happen but after my panic attack passed 5 mins and i managed to sort it,thank you al for not screaming at me lol,great to see all usual suspects again.

Missing after NLP - Both Paul G and I are missing quality red ratchet straps we use to strap the pins in on the NLP vans.
Mine is a bit frayed and has my name on it, has sentimental value as it has been in use since the first NLP :-(
Paul's is newer and has a black claw.
Anyone know of the whereabouts of either please?
Thanks
David

Missing after NLP - Both Paul G and I are missing quality red ratchet straps we use to strap the pins in on the NLP vans.
Mine is a bit frayed and has my name on it, has sentimental value as it has been in use since the first NLP :-(
Paul's is newer and has a black claw.
Anyone know of the whereabouts of either please?
Thanks
David
David
Just realised you took my ratchet of taf and put yours on??? Anyhooo I have your red strap.

David
Just realised you took my ratchet of taf and put yours on??? Anyhooo I have your red strap.
That's great news, thank you. Does that mean I should have a strap of yours? If so what does it look like? I didn't do any of the strapping up after the show so someone else must have put it on.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

That's great news, thank you. Does that mean I should have a strap of yours? If so what does it look like? I didn't do any of the strapping up after the show so someone else must have put it on.

Ah now I remember, didn't we swap out your strap when we picked up taf as I was concerned about yours damaging the other games?

Yeah that's right my strap that is just like yours lol oh wait yours was red.
I will look after it for you.
How's the hobbit?

Yeah that's right my strap that is just like yours lol oh wait yours was red.
I will look after it for you.
How's the hobbit?
Hobbit is superb , but games can be very long. Marie is hooked on it. I found and fixed a fault that it had come out of the factory with so Adie is pleased [emoji4]. Will be even better when they update the software with a final wizard mode.

Back
Top Bottom