What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

110 to 220v

GerMax

Registered
Hello, as a newby the pinball virus was brought over by my neighbor, we bought a driving Corvette and he found us a Pinball Corvette. Best neighbor you can have, however it did not last long.

Reason, we moved from the Chicagoland area to Leeds, UK. We took both Corvettes, one is waiting for the MOT, the other one needs to be made suitable for the new power supply.

Any help would is apprecitated.

The machine is an original EU model, was changed to US spec, and now back in the Uk.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 23
Hello,

As I recall, Corvette uses a plug-in connector on the metal power input box in the cabinet. The arrangement of wire links in this connector selects whether the transformer secondaries primary windings are connected in series or parallel, to suit either 110v and variations or 220v and variations. But there should also be a varistor connected across the ac input to clip any voltage spikes. The low-value one used for 110 would blow up immediately with 220 applied, so if it was changed for use in usaland, it'll have to be changed back.

Last edited:
Thanks, just looked inside the machine, can not find the varistor,

Picture shows the converter, originally a 240 V unit, the pins have been changed to 110 V,

If I can find the varistor, if installed.....someone knows the location?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 23
can the same be done with early sterns like austin powers

Bump

Machine is ready, only need to sort out the power,

Can the 220v/50hz converter work with 110v - seems not to change frequency, only voltage

Please help, would like to play again

It is all fixed thanks to Andy. Just started up the machine, works for 99%, the left does not move all the way up during start up, do here the electric run, sounds like some mechanical problem, will do some check and cleaning,

Attachments

• IMG_7296.JPG
    IMG_7296.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom