What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“Open door” error

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Been playing around on a few games today

Got a Rocky & Bullwinkle that is coming up with the “open door” error and reverting back to factory settings

Swapped the batteries over but no improvement. The old batteries haven’t leaked and I couldn’t see any obvious previous leak/ corrosion on the board

Is anything else apart from board damage likely to be throwing up this error?

Machine itself plays fine. Just doesn’t keep the settings when turned off.

Cheers. Not really got my head around nv ram.

Anyone know a good European distributor? I probably should upgrade a bunch of my games

I sent my board to Jim and he did it. Don’t think my soldering skills were up to the job

Just been looking at a couple of YouTube videos. Looks pretty easy for de and some sterns. Not so simple for wms games

Batteries may be out check them with DMM
Bad batteries holder,if batteries are OK,then when they are in the holder,check if there is 4,5V after the holder on turn off machine.
Or both diodes before/after the holder may be bad.Check them with DMM.

The worst-batteries leak

Thanks guys. Bought some NVRAM. Had been nervous about fitting it but it’s a simple job on DE games. Instantly solved the problem

Currently sticking them in my other games.

If there was a plug and play version for WMS games I’d stick them in there as well. Great stuff

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom